- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 avocados [omitted due to food allergies]
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 bunch cilantro, minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- Zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- dash of salt and pepper
- In a medium pot, bring the vegetable or chicken broth to a boil, add the quinoa and reduce to a low heat. Cook for about 20 minutes, or until the quinoa has fully soaked up the liquid. Once cooked, remove from heat and cover the pot with a lid.
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients: lemon juice, zest, mustard, oil, agave, cumin and salt and pepper, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the qunioa, garbanzo beans, tomatoes, cilantro, red onion, garlic cloves. Add the spinach and dressing last and toss until completely incorporated.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!